We asked show director Michael Aiello to describe — in two words — each of this year's Halloween Horror Nights haunted houses.
•Dead End, set in an old mansion in Ohio: "Supernatural and eerie"
•Gothic, a refurbished cathedral with gargoyle guardians: "Big and flying."
•House of Horror, new twist on old monsters: "Classic and reverence."
•The Walking Dead, based on the AMC television show about zombies: "Authentic and terrifying."
•Silent Hill, based on the video game and movie series: "Other-worldly and brooding."
•Penn & Teller New(kd) Las Vegas, in which Sin City goes radioactive: "Fun and prankster."
•Alice Cooper — Welcome to My Nightmare, featuring the tormentors of Steven and the rocker's music: Rock 'n' roll … and different."
Ummmm, different? Meaning what?
"There's a lot of juxtaposition in the maze," Aiello says. "We've got a morgue that's also a strip club."
In a word or 2, this year's haunted houses at Halloween Horror Nights
- Pictures: Halloween Horror Nights 22 at Universal Orlando
- 'No place safe' promised at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights
- 'Walking Dead' will live it up at Universal's Halloween Horror Nights
- Photos: Universal Orlando's Halloween Horror Nights through the years
- Universal Studios now and through the years
- Universal Orlando Harry Potter expansion renderings
See more photos »
- Video: Harry Potter expansion in 2014 at Universal Orlando
- Jason Garcia on expansions at Universal Orlando
- Halloween Horror Nights
- Haunted Houses (attractions)
- AMC (tv network)
See more topics »