Universal Studios theme park brings back the bayou with the return of its extended Mardi Gras celebration, which begins Saturday. All of the key elements are back for another go-round.
•The parade, which steps off at 7:45 p.m., will have a theme of "Colorful Cultures Around the World." Look for Mexican Day of the Dead and Chinese New Year floats while jumping for beads.
•The first musical act is Lifehouse, playing at 8:30 p.m. Saturday. Genuine New Orleans music will come from John Lisi & Delta Funk at 4:15 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
- Mardi Gras at Universal Orlando 2013
- Universal Studios: All-American Rejects, Kool & the Gang complete Mardi Gras lineup
- We got the bead: Surviving Mardi Gras at Universal
- Universal Studios now and through the years
- Universal Orlando Harry Potter expansion renderings
- Pictures: The Wizarding World of Harry Potter attraction
See more photos »
- Video: Harry Potter expansion in 2014 at Universal Orlando
- Jason Garcia on expansions at Universal Orlando
- Amusement and Theme Parks
- Mardi Gras
See more topics »
• Menu items include spicy jambalaya, grilled andouille sausage, shrimp gumbo and warm beignets.
•Festivities are included in regular park admission. A one-day, one-park pass is $89 ($83 for ages 3-9).