Portland's CW32 "The Carrie Diaries" New York City Flyaway Giveaway: Official Sweepstakes Rules:
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. TO ENTER:
No purchase necessary. Sweepstakes period begins January 1, 2013 at 6:00am PST and ends on January 15, 2013 at 10a.. To enter, watch the Carrie Diaries on January 14, 2013 in the 8p hour. Watch for the secret work. Radio station KBFF's morning will provide a cue to call the following morning (on 1/15 between 6a and 10a). Be the first caller through with the correct secret word to win. Number to call in to win is 888-833-0955.
2. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION:
One winner will be selected on Tuesday, January 15 by KBFF representative. Contest will be based on the first caller to get through via phone to the KBFF studio and who has the correct secret word. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Once the winner has been selected, the winner will be notified by a Portland's CW32 via phone. If the selected winner is ineligible, declines the prize, or if Portland's CW32 is unable to make contact with a selected winner after reasonable effort and time (24 hours), the prize shall be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.. The winner may only be awarded the prize once during the sweepstakes period. Only one winner per household may win.
3. AWARDING & DELIVERY OF PRIZE:
Subject to eligibility verification. Winner will receive a trip for two to New York City which will include the following:
*Delta Vacations Voucher (valid for one year) and good for two $400 airfares and $600 toward hotel expenses. The winner will book the trip directly through Delta Vacations. Black-out dates may apply.
* A One $200 American Express gift card to cover miscellaneous travel expense
* Certain restrictions shall apply to the Vacation package which restrictions shall be determined by Delta Vacations its sole and absolute discretion. Each winner and his/her guests must travel together on the same itinerary. The vacation packages shall not include the following: airport departure fees and taxes; travel insurance; hotel room service; parking fees; laundry service, food; alcoholic beverages; merchandise; souvenirs; etc.; local and long distance telephone calls; tips; gratuities; service charges; resort fees or taxes; or all other charges not explicitly included in the vacation package pursuant to these rules. The vacation packages (and all elements thereof) are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable. The vacation packages may not be sold or transferred to any other person or third party.
*Vacation package fulfillment is subject to certain restrictions and is subject to hotel availability. Advanced reservations required.
* Winners must be 18 years or older to win. Travelers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian and must be 18 years of age or older.
* Saturday night stay may be required.
* Trip Winner will be contacted and sent a release form and W-9 form. Winner will be asked to fill out both forms and provide a copy of their valid photo ID. Winner is responsible for all taxes related to this prize and all other expenses incident to use of prize, including local transportation to pick-up prize if necessary.
Entrants must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry and a legal U.S. resident of the KRCW-TV viewing areas in Oregon and Washington state. The winner must provide proof of age, identity, and residency. Employees and immediate family members of KRCW-TV, Tribune Broadcasting Company, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and advertising agencies are not eligible to win. This contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law.
5. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
a. Use of winner's name: By entering, each entrant grants permission, without further compensation, to KRCW-TV and Tribune Broadcasting and their agents and licensees, to use the entrant's name, voice, photograph, likeness and biographical material for broadcast and promotional purposes in connection with the contest.
b. Execution of Affidavit and Release: By entering, each entrant agrees that if selected as the winner, he/she will sign a release and waiver of liability. The prize may be forfeited and awarded to another entrant if winner does not execute the prepared form of release and waiver and make arrangements for pick-up or delivery of the prize within one (1) business day after being notified or if selected winner is not eligible in accordance with these rules.
c. Release Station of Liability: By entering, entrants agree to release Sponsors from any claim, loss, liability, damage or injury of any kind arising from their participation in the contest of their receipt or use of the contest prize.
d. No Prize Substitutions: No substitute prizes are available; however, Sponsors may, at their discretion, substitute prizes of equal or greater value.
e. Governing Law: This contest shall be governed and enforced pursuant to the laws of the state of Washington, excluding choice of law provisions.
f. Prize Restrictions: Prize is non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Returned or unclaimed prizes will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Winner is solely responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use.
If for any reason, the Internet-related portion of this contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failure, or any other cause which corrupts or threatens the administration, security or integrity of the contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate or suspend the contest or any portion of the contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE CONTEST. Information submitted in entries, including entrant's name, address, e-mail address, etc., may be used by NW32TV for marketing or promotional purposes.
7. A COPY OF THE RULES can be obtained beginning January 1, 2013, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to Portland's CW32 Carrie Diaries Flyaway Contest Rules, 1813 Westlake Ave., N, Seattle, WA 98109.
8. SPONSORS: KRCW-TV
9. KRCW-TV reserves the right to change these contest rules at any time.