The 85th Academy Awards are getting closer, and the big question on Oscar watchers' minds is whether "Argo" will sweep this awards season, capping off its run with a best picture win for Ben Affleck's drama about the Iranian hostage crisis.
But there's much more to the Oscars than that -- whether it's red carpet fashions or the box office implications -- and you'll find it here, as The Times counts down to Sunday's Academy Awards.
On Oscar night, Times film critic Kenneth Turan and staff writer Robin Abcarian will weigh in on the awards show and talk shop during commercial breaks, in addition to the latest on all the winners and other news to emerge from the proceedings.
Meanwhile, check back on The Envelope for complete coverage, including Glenn Whipp's Oscar night predictions and more, such as:
- Oscars play-at-home ballot: Vote for your favorites and share your picks.
- Oscar Watch interactive: Here we sum up everything you need to know about the 10 most-nominated films.
- Key scenes video roundup: Use this interactive vignette player to watch the best actor and actress nominees carry out their key scenes from the films that got them nominated this year. Among them: Denzel Washington in "Flight," Joaquin Phoenix in " The Master" and Jennifer Lawrence in "Silver Linings Playbook."
- Top Oscar nominees rundown, in pictures!
- Complete list of nominees by category.
- Academy Awards timeline: Browse winners through the years.
- Trivia from this year's nominations.
- Buzzmeter: See what pundits have to say about the top nominees.
- A sneak peek at three Oscar ballots of academy members.
- Watch videos of actors and directors talking about the making of their films from the Envelope Screening Series.
- Filmmakers Ben Affleck, Kathryn Bigelow, Ang Lee, David O. Russell, Sacha Gervasi and Tom Hooper discuss working with actors, making it personal for the crew and more at the Directors Roundtable video.
On Sunday night, in addition to Turan and Abcarian's live video, The Times will have comprehensive win-by-win coverage of the show, including a live Twitter feed, red carpet and fashion coverage (yes, with even more photos and video), analysis and photos from behind the scenes.ALSO: