Portland's CW, a Tribune Broadcasting television station, will host an Intern in the Production/Promotions Departments. This internship will provide an opportunity to experience the fundamentals of Production & Promotion, how they relate to clients, other departments at the station, and ultimately, how a commercial goes from a production order to being on air. This internship is designed to marry course of study to hands-on experiences and will provide an opportunity for an intern to actively participate in the production of commercials and promotion activities. Successful internships require a concentrated effort between the student, their faculty supervisor and the company. In order to provide a highly integrated learning experience we require that there is a commitment between the parties involved. Additionally, to insure that the duties of the internship meet the requirements for class credit, it is important that there is a clear understanding of the responsibilities of the participants. A faculty advisor or internship coordinator must sponsor you. Preference will be given to those students whose declared major is in a communications related field, such as television broadcasting, media, journalism or speech communications.
The learning objectives and responsibilities are as follows:
Sony Beta Camera, studio & field lighting, and wireless and/or hard-wire microphones.
* Observe editing sessions and learn non-linear editing techniques on Avid.
* Learn how to write a commercial script, make DVD's and tape dubs.
* Coordinate between media companies for promotional events.
* Help produce a weekly public affairs program
* Learn how to plan, form a proposal and execute promotions for the station.
* Shadow Producers during production meetings.
* Must be a full-time Junior or Senior at an accredited college or university.
* Or must be in the Second Year at a Technical school or Community College.
* Must receive academic credit for participation (internships are non-paid).
* Must work a minimum of 8 hours per week (max. 20 hours).
* Should have a basic understanding of:
* Camera operations
* Editing (linear/non-linear)
* Marketing and promotions
* Internet Explorer and MS Office programs
* Preferred: Photo Shop, Avid, Beta, and DVC pro tape systems
KRCW believes in equal employment opportunities for all, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or any other legally protected classification.
Qualified Candidates: Send cover letter and resume to Recruiter, Portland's CW, 10255 SW Arctic Dr., Beaverton, OR 97005, or fax to (971) 223-0457.